In this tutorial, Josh Modglin walks through the definition of dynamic block parameters from the block authoring tools within AutoCAD’s Block Editor. The instructor discusses what a block parameter is and how to use it. In addition, Josh demonstrates the creation and editing of a linear block parameter.
- [Instructor] To create a dynamic block,…we need to take advantage of Block Editor.…Well, we can get to the Block Editor…from the Insert ribbon, Block Definition,…Block Editor, or you can pick on any block…that is already inserted into the drawing.…Right-click and you can choose Block Editor from there.…Within Block Editor, Block Editor works like a new drawing.…But it has it's own ribbon…and provides you a separate palette.…This palette is called the block authoring palette,…and we're going to spend some time…in this module discussing the parameters.…
To create a dynamic block, we have to provide information…about what properties will be impacted.…What are we changing dynamically?…Are we changing a scale, or stretch, or location,…linear location, or polar location of an object?…Are we rotating objects?…Are we choosing to flip objects, such as the mirror command?…So we choose the parameter.…So in this case, what we're going to do,…in this exercise we are going to create a block…that will have the title bar stretch…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professionalwith Shaun Bryant4h 40m Appropriate for all
Designing Dynamic Blocks in AutoCADwith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.