In this tutorial, Josh Modglin walks through what is a tool palette and the benefits of using them as a CAD Manager within your configuration. The instructor discusses what are tool palettes, how to view the tool palettes, and how to create a new tool palette. In addition, Josh demonstrates the creation of a new tool palette.
- [Narrator] Tool palettes really are just another means…to interface with Auto CAD, another user interface.…We talked about customizing our user interface…but tool palettes really combine the power…of our CUIs, or customized user interfaces,…and ribbons within a palette interface.…We can get to our tool palettes from the View ribbon,…the Palettes panel, we can open up our tool palettes.…And you can also see that tool palettes…can combine the ability to insert blocks, hatches, tables,…and we can even use it for commands.…
So really it's a combination of the CUI and the ribbons…providing a palette-type interface…and all the power that we have within a palette itself.…To create a new palette within the tool palettes,…we simply right-click and we can choose…to add a new palette.…Now, we can name this palette…and then begin to place items on this palette.…So to create a palette, to manage,…to provide a great way to save on real estate…as we can collapse or auto-hide our tool palettes.…
It provides us the power of the ribbons…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Designing Dynamic Blockswith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.