In this tutorial, Josh Modglin walks through how to use palette groups to categorize and organize your tool palettes. The instructor discusses how to access the Palette Groups Manager, how to create a palette group, how to add a palette to a group, and how to organize the palettes within the group. In addition, Josh demonstrates the creation of a new palette group along with some suggested best practices for palette group use.
- [Instructor] With tool palettes,…as we begin to add different palette tabs,…we may begin to have multiple tabs.…So, many, in fact, that they're not all visible at one time.…So, how can we group these together?…Along the bar, where we see the name TOOL PALETTES…and we have the cog wheel, which defines our properties.…If we click on that, we can customize our palettes.…And so, within here, we can create a new group.…
So, if I right click over here in the Palette Groups area,…I can say New Group and we'll call this Lynda.com.…And, notice, right now, it's a sub-group of Tables,…but we can drag that up to the top.…And now we have a new group.…Within that group, we simply select the palettes…from the left side and drag them over to the right.…The palettes that we want to show up…and the order that we want them to show up in that group.…
Once we have all the palettes in that group defined,…we can close our customization section of our palettes…and then we can right click on the bar…and choose our group in the list…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professionalwith Shaun Bryant4h 40m Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Designing Dynamic Blockswith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.