Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video PDFIMPORT command, part of AutoCAD 2017 New Features.
- [Voiceover] So what we're going to look at now…is another method of using the PDF Import command.…So I've got the 05_PDFImport.dwg file open,…and you'll notice it's blank.…As if you were downloading it from…the Lynda.com exercise files.…What I'm going to show you now is a really nice…feature in AutoCAD 2017.…I really like this feature, I think…it's very cool and it works very well.…Especially if you're using PDFs as…underlays in your AutoCAD drawings.…
So, I'm in a blank model tab right now.…I'm now going to go to the Insert tab here on the ribbon…and what I'm going to do is attach my PDF as an underlay.…That is not PDF Import, by the way.…So let's have a look and see how that works.…Now, before you do that, do a quick check when…you go to the Insert tab on the ribbon.…Go to the Reference panel and just click on this little…arrow here and in your file references,…make sure that you haven't got any PDF underlays already.…
Now, you see all I've got there is…the drawing, the 05_PDFImport drawing.…There's no attached PDF underlays.…
- Tool tip and dialog box enhancements
- TEXTEDIT command changes
- Coordination model object snap
- 2D and 3D publishing options
- Graphics performance enhancements
- Center marks and centerlines
- PDF import
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 11/15/2016. What changed?
A: We added a new chapter, "AutoCAD 2017.1 Update," to cover the new features Autodesk added in the 2017.1 update (released October 2016), including enhanced support for 3D and 4K displays.
1. User Interface
3. Installation and Configuration
4. Associative Center Marks and Centerlines
5. PDF Import
6. AutoCAD 2017.1 Update
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.