Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video PDF notes and limitations, part of AutoCAD 2017 New Features.
- So we're back with our 05_PDFImport.dwg and what I've…done is I've brought in the Revit sample export PDF file…again as an underlay.…So I've used the Insert tab on the ribbon and I've used…the attach here, and if I got to the reference manager…here you can see that there's my RevitSampleExport PDF…there and it's loaded, as you can see.…So that's all loaded into the drawing.…Now, there are some limitations on what you can do…with PDF import in AutoCAD 2017.…
And the main one is fonts.…It does not recognize SHX fonts.…So if you've got SHX fonts in your exported PDF,…what will happen is they will come in as geometry when you…actually PDF import.…Now, what I've done here is obviously I've exported out…a PDF from Revit using this Autodesk title block here.…So what we're going to do, we're going to do a PDF import…as we've done in previous videos, like so,…and we're going to select the PDF underlay, like so.…
And this time, I'm just going to type A for all and enter,…like that.…And it's asking me, do I keep, detach, or unload the PDF…
- Tool tip and dialog box enhancements
- TEXTEDIT command changes
- Coordination model object snap
- 2D and 3D publishing options
- Graphics performance enhancements
- Center marks and centerlines
- PDF import
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 11/15/2016. What changed?
A: We added a new chapter, "AutoCAD 2017.1 Update," to cover the new features Autodesk added in the 2017.1 update (released October 2016), including enhanced support for 3D and 4K displays.
1. User Interface
3. Installation and Configuration
4. Associative Center Marks and Centerlines
5. PDF Import
6. AutoCAD 2017.1 Update
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.