- Moving on into the next section now where we're optimizing our autoCAD desktop to go mobile. What we're going to look at now is setting up our cloud settings in autoCAD on our desktop just before we do go mobile and leave the office. First thing we need to look at are our Online Options in our autoCAD options themselves. You can get to your options dialogue in two ways. You can do the usual right click and go to Options on the shortcut menu there, like so.
Or, if you wish, you can go up to the application menu and click on Options down there at the bottom. Either way, you'll get the Options dialogue box and it's this Online tab here that I want us to look at. Now the first thing it's telling me is "Hang on a minute, you need to sign in." So click on the sign in and what this'll do is it'll allow you to sign in using your Autodesk ID. And you're now going to log in to your Autodesk A360 Drive account. So I'll put my login name in like so.
Make sure you spell it correctly and make sure you put in the right password, and then hit the sign in button, and then you're logging in to your A360 account. Now once you're logged in, what'll happen is you can actually sign in and, as you can see, a little bubble pops up saying "Sign In Complete. "Update profile and preferences." Well I don't need to do that. As you can see, there's my Cloud Storage Usage. I can click here for my Account Settings. And basically there is one little tic box. That's it. Sync my settings with the cloud.
And I can keep all of those settings synced if I just move away, I can sync selected settings only. So if I choose which settings to sync, that'll open up another dialogue where I can include the following settings: things like my Options, my Customization files, Printer support files. Now if you think about it, this is rather clever, because what it's allowing you to do is it's allowing you to utilize the same settings using your mobile settings as well. So if you're out using an iPad and you've got wifi, let's say, and you're in a client's office, you've got all your printer support files, your customization files, any custom hatch patterns that you're using in the project.
So all of that will be in there as and when you need it. However, be aware, settings that require a restart are fonts, shapes and linetypes. So you will need to restart autoCAD if you're going to sync those particular settings. I'm just going to cancel that and I'm going to do it the easy way. Keep all of my settings synced like that. And I'll just Apply that now, and that'll take a few seconds, and then I OK it, and I close the dialogue box. And it's that simple.
So it's uploading my settings, see the little bubble at the top there. It's just synchronizing everything. That'll take a few minutes depending on your broadband speed. And it's done. So you have now utilized your Online Options tab to set up your cloud settings in autoCAD ready to go mobile.
- Setting up A360 Drive and AutoCAD 360
- Syncing your settings
- Creating subfolders in A360 Drive
- Uploading documents and drawings
- Setting up projects and teams
- Opening drawings in AutoCAD 360
- Editing drawings while in a mobile browser
- Editing synced drawings on the desktop