Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Offsetting and mirroring, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- We are now going to look at…the OFFSET and Mirror commands…and we're going to utilize them to edit…our little control panel plate that we're creating.…So you'll notice in the previous videos…what we've done is, we've changed our rectangles…to our little switches.…We've got a little dialer here…so that we can dial things through.…And we've also got a control button here.…Now what we're going to do is…we're going to use the OFFSET command…to edit our little green plate here.…And also the mirror command to mirror our control button…so that we have a second control button…in this little area here.…
Now, I'm staying in the…five modifying objects complete drawing.…You should be following along with the modifying objects….dwg file that you should be saving…as you go through each video.…Now, let's have a look at our little panel here first…which is made up of separate lines.…We're going to use the OFFSET command to…offset each line.…But I'm going to offset the top line first.…So I now go up to the Home tab on the ribbon…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.