Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Object selection, part of AutoCAD 2017 New Features.
- [Instructor] Another really nice new feature…available to you in the AutoCAD 2017.1 update…involves object selection.…So we've got a new drawing,…and it's called Object_Selection.dwg.…And you'll find that in your lynda.com exercise files…to download and use to follow along with this video.…So you notice we've got some objects in the drawing.…We're going to look at the upper group of objects first…and we're going to look at a new variable called…Selection Offscreen.…So if I actually type SELECTIONOFFSCREEN,…like that, can you see we've got a big long variable name…there on the dynamic input.…
If I press Enter, that actual variable,…as you can see there, is set to one,…which means that selection offscreen is switched on.…What does that mean?…Well, let's press Enter just to make sure…the value is input, like so,…and I'm going to zoom in here on these objects here…and I'm going to go to the right-hand end like that,…so some of them are off the screen.…Now let's say I want to select all of these objects…using a crossing selection window.…
- Tool tip and dialog box enhancements
- TEXTEDIT command changes
- Coordination model object snap
- 2D and 3D publishing options
- Graphics performance enhancements
- Center marks and centerlines
- PDF import
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 11/15/2016. What changed?
A: We added a new chapter, "AutoCAD 2017.1 Update," to cover the new features Autodesk added in the 2017.1 update (released October 2016), including enhanced support for 3D and 4K displays.
1. User Interface
3. Installation and Configuration
4. Associative Center Marks and Centerlines
5. PDF Import
6. AutoCAD 2017.1 Update
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.