Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Moving and copying, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- We're now going to look at moving and copying objects…in AutoCAD, in preparation for your…AutoCAD Professional Certification Exam.…So we're staying in the Modifying Objects_COMPLETE drawing,…obviously you will follow along with…the Modifying Objects.dwg file,…and what you might want to do is save it each time…you complete a video so that you end up with the same…Modifying Objects_COMPLETE drawing that I will.…Now we're going to look at the five red rectangles…at the top of our plate drawing,…and we're going to move those,…and then we're going to copy the circles…at the bottom of the plate as well.…
Now, if I want to move something in AutoCAD…I would normally go up to the Home tab on the ribbon,…go to the Modify panel, and select the command I want,…in this case Move, there.…And as soon as I do that I get the Select objects: prompt,…and I can go and highlight and click and select…the objects I want to move.…I'm going to hit escape a couple of times there,…just to cancel the command and cancel any selection.…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.