Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying text, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- In the previous video, we added some text…to the lounge area of our house drawing.…We're staying in that house drawing…so I'm still using the 9_Annotating_HOUSE_Complete.dwg.…You should have followed along using 9_Annotating_HOUSE.dwg…and you're saving it as you go each time…you make a change to the drawing.…There's our "Lounge" text and our multi-line text…telling us that it's carpeted to specification.…This piece of text is single-line text.…So what happens if I want to modify that text?…I would click on it,…and then double-click,…and you can see it highlight.…
Just like any other piece of text I can now highlight it…like in a word processor, and I might change that now to…"Living Room", for example.…And then I press Enter once.…Job done.…I've edited that piece of text.…That's how quick and easy it is to edit…a piece of single-line text.…Now, I'm using a particular Text Style.…But the good thing is I haven't got a specific height,…because I've left the height of the text at zero…in the Text Style.…So what happens now if I want to change…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.