Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Modify Text, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Teacher] So we're staying in the 03_Text.dwg file,…and we're looking at the text panel…in the Express Tools tab on the AutoCAD ribbon.…What we're going to look at now is the…Modify Text tools available to us here…on the Modify Text flyout.…Now, there's lots of different tools here,…and all of them work really well.…Explode is one of those wonderful weird ones though…because it explodes the text into polylines…which is kind of strange, but then again,…you might need this at some point,…especially if you're doing some graphic…sort of design type work in AutoCAD.…
So, I go to Explode,…I select the Modify Text text like so,…and I press Enter to confirm.…And if I zoom in real close now,…you can see look, that's all been…broken down into it's respective polylines.…It's kind of neat how it works actually,…'cause that's all polylined now,…and I could hatch those polylines…and create some really quirky text.…What I'm going to do now, just jump up to Undo,…Undo a couple of times so that…we can go back to the next Modify Text tool…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.