In this video, instructor Shaun Bryant explains how to work in the Model tab (model space) in AutoCAD.
- [Narrator] We're staying in our … 00-Ground-Floor-Plan_REV A.dwg file … and, what we're going to look at in a bit more detail now, … is the model space, the Model tab in AutoCAD. … So, at the moment, you'll notice we are in the Layout space, … so we need to go down to the bottom left corner, … and click on the Model tab to make it current, like so. … So, now we're in the Model space, … this is where you do all your design work, … all your drafting, all your drawing, creating blocks, … adding dimensions, text, grids, windows, doors, etc. … That's where everything goes. … You put everything into your Model space. … Then, what you do is communicate that design intent … via the Paper space, the Layout tabs. … We'll look at that in the next video. … Let's look at the Model tab first. … So, we're in the Model tab. … I'm going to use the wheel on the mouse to zoom in a bit, … let's have a look for a doorway, or a desk, or a chair. … There's a nice table there in the middle, in the break room. …
- Using workspaces
- Working in the Model and Layout tabs
- Saving and restoring views
- Locking viewports and freezing viewport layers
- Adding a title block
- Using annotative dimensions and revision clouds