Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Model maintenance, part of BIM Manager: Managing Revit.
- [Instructor] Model maintenance…plays an important role in the BIM manager's life.…What I'd like to do…is open up a model and go through some typical…maintenance items that I like to perform.…Let's jump into Revit.…Under projects, let's go Open.…I want to browse through I'm keeping my exercise files,…I want to select my architectural model,…but what I want to do is perform an audit on it,…so click Audit.…It's saying it's going to take a while,…but we don't have much in here, so…let's say Yes to continue.…Let's click Open.…Overwrite the existing file.…
Now what happens is,…if Revit finds something, it's just going to get rid of it,…so be careful with the audit command.…Perfect.…Now, under Floor Plans, let's go to Level 1,…'cause what I want to do, if we go to manage,…what we'll see is this little button right here…that says Review Warnings.…Problem is, we don't have any warnings,…so let's make something.…I'm going to go to Architecture,…and I'm going to go to Wall.…Now, I'm going to draw a wall…right inside of this wall, like this.…
- Setting up the Revit folder structure
- Creating a revision schedule
- Adding a symbol list
- Creating shared parameters
- Configuring your text
- Creating line types, weights, and patterns
- Configuring the underlay settings
- Creating custom grids
- Viewing templates
- Importing CAD details
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
1. Company-Wide Workflow
2. Global Template Content
3. File Sharing
4. Master Details
Importing CAD details3m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.