In this video, Shaun Bryant teaches how to resolve a missing reference file path using the tools available in AutoCAD 2018.
- [Instructor] Sometimes, more often than not,…when working with AutoCAD,…you will come across a host drawing,…where the reference file cannot be located or read.…So if you look at the screen at the moment,…you can see that our HostDrawing.dwg file is open.…You can see the name of it at the top of the screen.…But the reference file has not been found.…Now that is our ExternalReferences.dwg file.…And what I've done for this particular video…is I've deliberately moved the reference file…to a different location.…
What I've done is I've put it on my Windows desktop.…AutoCAD 2018 is looking for that external references file…using a relative file path.…So that ExternalReferences.dwg file should be…in the same folder as the HostDrawing.dwg file,…but in this case, it isn't.…So what happens is AutoCAD goes,…"Eh, I can't find the reference file."…So it brings up this little dialogue box on the screen.…So you have a number of bits…of information here that are very useful.…
One of them is, obviously, telling you…that you cannot find the reference file.…
- Working with the File Navigation dialog box
- Using the Quick Access Toolbar
- Updating reference paths
- Changing path types
- Finding and replacing reference files
- Renaming unloaded references
- Using linetype gap selection
- Sharing design views from AutoCAD
- Setting a PDF layer
- Using the PDFIMPORT and PDFATTACH commands
- Changing text to MTEXT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. User Interface
2. External References
3. Off-Screen Selection
Using off-screen selection2m 20s
4. Linetype Gap Selection
Using linetype gap selection2m 10s
5. Sharing Design View
6. Using PDFs In AutoCAD
7. Changing Text To MTEXT
8. Technology and Performance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.