Migrating from AutoCAD to Revit
This course shows AutoCAD drafters and designers how to migrate their CAD workflow to Autodesk Revit software. Author Paul F. Aubin details how to transfer your files and explains key distinctions between the packages. Along the way, learn how to customize the Revit settings for optimal control, get a basic handle on the modeling tools, and adjust yourself to the differences in visibility, plot style, object creation, and the user interface.
- Comparing AutoCAD and Revit
- Customizing Revit settings
- Exploring the Revit interface
- Organizing with categories versus layers
- Understanding families and groups versus blocks
- Using links instead of Xrefs
- Tracing, nesting, and exploding CAD files
- [Voiceover] Hi. My name is Paul F. Aubin, and I'd like to welcome you to Migrating from AutoCAD to Revit. This course is designed to help you, the seasoned AutoCAD user make a smooth migration to the Revit software and workflow. I'll start by presenting an overview of the fundamental differences in the AutoCAD and Revit workflows. Next, I'll show you how to configure Revit's overall program options and break down the differences and similarities in the user interface of both programs. Addressing many core AutoCAD features, such as layers, Xrefs and the command line, we'll discuss how each of these has a counterpart or an alternative in the Revit workflow.
I'll show you how you can import AutoCAD drawings into Revit and even export Revit project views back out to AutoCAD drawings. So if you're ready to begin seeing what benefits await you in your transition to Revit, you've come to the right place. Let's get started.
Phasing and Design Options in Revit99,152 Views
Revit Construction Modeling Tools68,019 Views
Revit Architecture 2011 Essential Training552,829 Views
Building Roofs with Revit81,138 Views
Rendering with Revit Architecture 2012210,241 Views
Revit Architecture 2015 Essential Training930,666 Views
AutoCAD 2015 Essential Training822,251 Views
Revit Architecture 2014 Essential Training721,570 Views
Revit MEP 2014 Essential Training320,344 Views
Revit Architecture: The Family Editor382,147 Views