Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Merge Layout, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Narrator] So we're staying in the 05_Layout.dwg file.…And what we're going to look at now is merging one Layout tab…into another Layout tab using the Merge Layout command…in the Layout panel in the Express Tools tab on the ribbon.…So you can see that I'm in the A3-Landscape…Layout tab at the moment.…And what we're going to do, we're going to merge…the A3-Landscape Layout tab into a new Layout tab.…So I come down to the plus sign at the bottom here.…Click on the plus sign, and there's a new Layout1.…
We're going to right click on it and I'm going to Rename…it as A3-Landscape…and then I'm just going to put a two there,…just to be imaginative.…And there's the A3-Landscape2.…I click on it, and it automatically goes into the Page Setup…Manager to prompt me to change the settings.…So I'm going to go into Modify.…Going to set it up to something like an AutoCAD PDF.…Change the paper size to an ISO A3.…So I'll scroll down, there we go…ISO A3 420 by 297.…Leave the What to plot at Layout for now and change…the Plot style table to monochrome.…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Intermediate
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Intermediate
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.