Join Jim LaPier for an in-depth discussion in this video Measuring tools, part of Learning AutoCAD 360.
- I mentioned before one of the most…common uses, for me, of AutoCAD 360,…are the measuring and dimension tools.…More often than not, I'm out of the office…and need a quick dimension,…whether on site or possibly in the shop.…The technique for the measuring tools…is the same for picking points in any…other tool in AutoCAD 360 Mobile.…I'll select my tool,…zoom in,…and I can click two random points…by tapping the screen.…I'm given the distance,…and that's it.…
However, if I use the tap and hover…technique that we've discussed, I can place…my finger over the point that I want,…once I get the objects met,…drag my finger to the next.…And now I have the exact distance,…248 and change…between those two points.…The area tool allows me to trace around…an object using this same method,…and then pick each corresponding point…to create my enclosed area.…
The area at the bottom is a live measurment…and will change with each point that I add,…also giving me the circumference, or perimeter,…of that shape.…The radius tool acts exactly how you would expect,…
- Creating an Autodesk account
- Uploading and organizing files in AutoCAD 360
- Drawing and editing
- Working with layers
- Saving and sharing drawings
- Working with the mobile app
- Using Evernote with AutoCAD 360
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Working with Dimensionswith Scott Onstott1h 4m Intermediate
1. A360 Suite
3. Web App: Dashboard
4. Web App: Drawing Interface
5. Web App: Sharing
6. Mobile App: General
7. Other Apps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.