Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing block attributes, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- We're now going to delve a little deeper…into reusing existing content.…We're going to stay with our little metal sleeve…that we used in the previous video.…But we're in a different drawing.…We're in a drawing called 8 Reusing Attributes Complete,…if you want to follow along, it's the usual drill.…You want to open up…8 Reusing Attributes .dwg…What we're going to look at now…is applying attributes to an AutoCAD block…and how to manage those attributes…and actually make a new attribute as well.…
Then we'll insert a block…and you'll see how those attributes…actually entered into the AutoCAD drawing itself.…So what I've done is I've got the sleeve here.…There it is there, made up from the Polyline on layer zero.…And the dashed lines on layer zero.…And you'll see an attribute here,…which is the sleeve name attribute.…And again, it's on layer zero.…So how do you add another attribute to your AutoCAD block…before you make it?…So I'm going to go up to the Insert tab on the ribbon,…into the Block Definition panel,…and I want to go here, Define Attributes, like so.…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.