Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing XREF layers, part of AutoCAD Facilities Management: Areas.
- [Voiceover] We've now referenced in…our structural drawing into our FM drawing.…Our structural drawing would have been the GA drawing,…the 00_GND_GA drawing.…You've referenced that into your 00_GND_FM drawing.…There's our reference.…If I click on it, you can see it there in the model space.…You can see it goes blue.…It's one entire entity, it's an external reference drawing.…When I click on it, the ribbon changes accordingly…to give me the External Reference contextual tab there…up on the ribbon.…
I'm just going to skate now…just to deselect the reference file.…If I also go to the Insert tab on the ribbon here…and click on the little arrow here on the Reference panel,…if I look in the External References palette,…there you can see 00_GND_GA is the reference file.…It's telling me that the status is loaded,…so I'll just hit Escape there,…and then I'll close the External References palette.…Now what we need to do is manage the layers now…of our external reference file.…You'll see what I mean in a moment.…
Let's jump back to the Home tab on the ribbon.…
- Setting up a facilities drawing
- Managing XREF layers
- Adjusting drawing units and limits
- Using polylines
- Defining areas
- Annotating areas
- Setting up area table styles
- Finding and linking area data
- Exporting area table data
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
1. Introduction to FM
2. Setting Up a Facilities Drawing
Managing XREF layers3m 55s
3. Getting Your FM Settings Right
4. Areas and Polylines
5. Defining Areas
6. Annotating Areas
7. Setting Up an Area Table Style
8. Using the Area Table
9. Exporting the Area Table Data
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.