Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video MEP profiles, part of BIM Manager: Managing AutoCAD MEP & AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- [Instructor] In AutoCAD,…there's a lot of different mappings…and there's a lot of different settings.…What happens is, if you tweak all these settings…so they look right on your machine,…they may not look right on other people's machines.…So let's take a look at how we can export and import…all of these settings.…I'm going to jump into AutoCAD MEP,…and I'm going to click on Start Drawing under Get Started.…Now what I'd like to do is go to my options;…I'm going to type OP and hit Enter.…Depending on where you left off,…we can scroll back.…Now remember, before you do this,…make sure you have all of your User Preferences,…your System settings, Plot and Publish settings,…make sure all of this stuff is set,…'cause you don't want to keep exporting…and importing these templates.…
Some user preferences in Drafting,…these can be up to the users,…but it's always good to have a default AutoCAD.…Now, I'm going to go to Profiles.…You'll see we have an AutoCAD profile, AutoCAD MEP.…Now, what I want to do is, I want to Add to List.…
- Managing through LISP
- Working with text, dimension, and multileader styles
- Creating a template
- Creating a palette
- Adding commands and LISP routines to a palette
- Creating a new browser profile and adding new categories, pallets, and content
- Reviewing internal mapping, MEP AEC settings, and MEP profiles
Skill Level Intermediate
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Managing through LISP
3. Tool Palettes for Civil 3D
4. Content Browser
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.