Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video MEP AEC settings, part of BIM Manager: Managing AutoCAD MEP & AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- [Instructor] Let's go through some…of our specific settings to AEC.…Some of these settings make a big difference,…some don't make much of a difference at all.…What I'd like to do in this video,…is go into our Options and take a look…at the MEP and AEC settings, and I also want…to take a look at the Mappings.…So let's jump into AutoCAD MEP.…I'm just going to start a new drawing.…Now what I want it to do is go to my Options,…so to do that, I'm going to type O-P…at the Command Prompt, and hit Enter.…We know our Support File Search Path is all set,…but what I want to do is I want to jump down a little further,…and I want to click to my right.…
Notice that we have some MEP Settings,…Catalogs, AEC Settings.…So I'm going to go to MEP.…Connection Test, I generally want to Prompt for user input,…this will bring up a long dialog.…And I want to do the same with Part Selection.…Instead of just using Parts that usually don't work.…Display Control, these gaps are increased and decreased…based on scale, so remember that.…These are the settings that I like to use.…
- Managing through LISP
- Working with text, dimension, and multileader styles
- Creating a template
- Creating a palette
- Adding commands and LISP routines to a palette
- Creating a new browser profile and adding new categories, pallets, and content
- Reviewing internal mapping, MEP AEC settings, and MEP profiles
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Managing through LISP
3. Tool Palettes for Civil 3D
4. Content Browser
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.