Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video List Viewport Scale, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] We're staying in the 05_Layout.dwg file…and in the previous video we merged the layout…into the new A3-Landscape 2 layout tab that you can see…at the bottom of the screen there.…Last but not least, we're going to now look at the ability…to show the viewport scale.…This is a really nice little feature.…If you've got a lot of viewports in a Layout tab…and you want to just quickly check the viewport scale,…you go to the Layout panel here in the Express Tools tab,…click on the flyout and I'll just pin it open,…and it's List Viewport Scale.…
So I click there, pick a viewport,…watch the command line when I do,…and it tells me it's 1:20.…If I List Viewport Scale on this one,…click again, it's 1:10.…You can do that with any viewports in any drawings…and it's that quick and easy to use.…Just go to the Express Tools tab on the ribbon,…List Viewport Scale in the Layout panel,…quick and easy to use.…Now what you can do as well though, be aware,…is you can click here and you do get the viewport scale…down here on the status bar as well.…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Intermediate
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Intermediate
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.