Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video List Properties, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] So as usual we're staying…in our 02_Blocks.dwg file, I've used the Undo command to…take the block back to its original state, as you can see.…We're going to look now at a really really cool little command…in the Blocks panel in the Express Tools tab,…and it's this one here, List Properties.…If I click on that and come into the drawing area,…it prompts me to select the nested…xref or block object to list.…Now, this is a really really nice one…if you're using nested blocks like I am…with the workstation block that we've got in the drawing.…
If I hover over that lamp, it highlights the whole block,…but as soon as I left click, it tells me…that it is Lamp - Table, layer zero, and it's a block,…tells me the color, the line type, the layer.…How cool is that?…So if I go back and do that again, List Properties,…and I select, say, the workstation, there's the computer…terminal, and I've selected what I would call…a workstation, which is the computer terminal.…But the whole thing is classed…as a workstation, so be aware of that.…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.