Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video List Object Xdata, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] In the previous video when we were attaching…Xdata to the polyline in the 08_Tools.dwg file,…we actually applied a distance information…and we set up an application called Xdata.…Now you can list that information again using the…Express Tools tab on the ribbon using the List Xdata command…in the Tools panel.…So I'm staying in the same drawing, and in that drawing…remember I saved the Xdata.…So what I'm going to do now is go up to the Tools panel…and use this little icon here, List Object Xdata.…
So if I come in here and select the same polyline…that I used in the previous video and enter the application…name Xdata, like so, which is the application I set,…remember in the previous video.…I typed Xdata and did that Distance command, remember?…So if I now press Enter, you'll see on the Text window there…can you see I've got Distance 400?…And that's that Code 1002 going to Code 1002 again,…and it's the start point and the end point…with a Distance of 400.…So what's that done is it's added that Xdata…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.