Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Linking polyline areas to table fields, part of AutoCAD Facilities Management: Areas.
- [Voiceover] We're staying in our 00_GND_FM_TSTYLE drawing…and as you can see, we're in the same position…as we were in the previous video,…so what we're looking at now is linking…our polyline areas to our area table.…So how do we do that?…Well you'll notice right now I'm double clicked…in the cell for the area for the Annex area in our drawing.…You don't want to be double clicked,…so just click away once like that…and then click once in the cell…and you can see you get a different color.…
Like a pinky kind of fleshy kind of color.…And you'll notice up here on the ribbon now,…we've got Table Cell here.…We've got a new contextual tab.…Go to the Insert panel and select Field like so.…It'll open up the Field dialog box…like we've used previously.…Go here to Objects like so…and select Object in the Field Names…and then come here to the Select Object icon again,…just like we've done previously,…and this time we're gonna look at what's in the viewport.…Now the viewport does not have to be active.…
I'm gonna zoom in here though a little bit…
- Setting up a facilities drawing
- Managing XREF layers
- Adjusting drawing units and limits
- Using polylines
- Defining areas
- Annotating areas
- Setting up area table styles
- Finding and linking area data
- Exporting area table data
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
1. Introduction to FM
2. Setting Up a Facilities Drawing
Managing XREF layers3m 55s
3. Getting Your FM Settings Right
4. Areas and Polylines
5. Defining Areas
6. Annotating Areas
7. Setting Up an Area Table Style
8. Using the Area Table
9. Exporting the Area Table Data
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.