In this video, Shaun Bryant takes you through the functions and settings of the Link CAD Formats dialog box.
- [Instructor] So we're in the next video in the chapter…now and we're staying in our 07_OFFICE.rvt file.…You'll notice I've let Revit in exactly the same state…as it was at the end of the last video.…We're just clicked on the link CAD command…in the Link panel in the Insert tab on the ribbon,…and the Link CAD Formats dialogue box had popped up…on the screen, so there it is,…the Link CAD Formats dialogue box.…Now you'll notice that the dialogue box as I said…in the previous video is remarkably similar…to the Import CAD Formats dialogue box,…but what you're doing is you're performing…a different function.…
You are linking a CAD file to your Revit project this time,…so it's linked.…It's not just a one off import CAD snapshot.…So you can see there that I've got the…07_OFFICE_ReceptionArea drawing ready to be linked,…and I'm just going to go through the dialogue box very briefly…and then we'll go through the settings in more detail.…Now as you know you can obviously link a CAD file to Revit,…and you've got various files of type, so you can use…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.