In this tutorial, Josh Modglin walks through the definition of layers, layer filters, and layer states within a drawing file. The instructor discusses not only how to create a layer filter and state but also discusses the importance and usage of a well-defined layer nomenclature. In addition, Josh walks through the configuring and usage of a layer filter.
- [Instructor] Oftentimes when we think of a template,…we think of layers.…That's what we're going to focus in on…on this module.…If I open up our layer properties manager.…The key, of course, within our template…is simply providing some of the standard layers.…So we can create a new layer and say A-DOOR,…and other layers, such as these.…We already have one in here called G-ANNO-DIMS…that we've been using for our annotation testing.…
What I want to focus in on, though, the key…for layers and for your users to use them,…is to provide them a good nomenclature,…a format that's going to work for them…because you, as the CAD manager, can never provide…a template with all the layers in it.…Even with hundreds of layers, you can never…provide all the layers that they're going to need.…Every project is unique.…So the key, then, is to have a good nomenclature.…If you have a good nomenclature,…then you can use layer filters, as well…as allowing the users to create layers…as they need.…
Filters allow us to filter certain amounts…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Designing Dynamic Blockswith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.