Join Josh Modglin for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to WPF, part of AutoCAD Add-ins Using VB.NET.
- [Instructor] As we begin our chapter…looking at creating a Windows interface…or a visual graphical interface.…And we really are going to be introduced…and use the WPF or Windows Presentation Foundation…built into the dot net framework to accomplish this.…Now many of you may be familiar with VVA…and VVA of course you would do Windows Forms…and you can see the Windows Forms in the back.…And you can create forms similar to that.…Windows Presentation Foundation allows us…to do a lot more in a lot less.…
And it also separates what we might consider…the business logic from the interface itself.…And so this is why we're really going to be focusing in…on the Windows Presentation Foundation…and just built in the exercise file…which in this case, I already have the solution opened.…I have two different files…and I created a folder in here under the Windows…where you have the form.…That's the old standard Windows form.…
Something similar you can do in a VVA.…And then I have the window which is taking advantage…of the Windows Presentation Foundation.…
- Creating a project using the Autodesk wizard
- Creating classes, command routines, and functions
- Manually creating projects
- Basic .NET functionality
- Working with database properties
- Working with transactions and TableRecords
- Getting a user-specified point and distance
- Creating and inheriting a base class object
- Creating a window interface
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Working with the Microsoft Visual Studio Development Environment
2. Creating Your First Project
3. Basic .NET Functionality
4. AutoCAD ApplicationServices Namespace
Creating a new drawing5m 40s
5. AutoCAD DatabaseServices Namespace
6. AutoCAD EditorInput Namespace
7. Class Object Fundamentals
8. Creating a Window Interface
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.