Join Josh Modglin for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to Visual Basic, part of AutoCAD Add-ins Using VB.NET.
- [Narrator] Before we get into programming much with…visualbasic.net.…First off we keep referring to it as .NET…and that's simply to separate it from the classic…visual basic.…When visual basic was created it was intended…for ease of use and learning.…So that someone can come in…and learn about how to program…without having to learn a lot.…To reduce that learning curve,…it was derived from a language that's referred to as BASIC.…
Which was built, again,…as a user friendly programming language…designed for beginners.…Now here's the key,…being part now of the .NET Framework,…what happens is that everything gets reduced…in what's referred to as the common language run time.…At run time, it all gets compiled in such a way…that you can use whatever language you want…within that .NET framework…and pretty much have the power…of any other language within the framework…and so a lot of times the old addage or thought…was that visual basic lacked the power…of using other languages to accomplish a specific task…and that was true.…
- Creating a project using the Autodesk wizard
- Creating classes, command routines, and functions
- Manually creating projects
- Basic .NET functionality
- Working with database properties
- Working with transactions and TableRecords
- Getting a user-specified point and distance
- Creating and inheriting a base class object
- Creating a window interface
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Intermediate
1. Working with the Microsoft Visual Studio Development Environment
2. Creating Your First Project
3. Basic .NET Functionality
4. AutoCAD ApplicationServices Namespace
Creating a new drawing5m 40s
5. AutoCAD DatabaseServices Namespace
6. AutoCAD EditorInput Namespace
7. Class Object Fundamentals
8. Creating a Window Interface
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.