Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting data in to the AutoCAD table, part of AutoCAD: Effective Annotating.
- [Voiceover] So let's look now at adding some…data to our AutoCAD table.…Now in the previous video, I left you hanging…with this particular cell here, live,…ready to be edited.…If you are to edit that again, just double click…inside that particular cell.…See the cross arrows over it?…Just double click, and you can see there that it…automatically allows you to start editing it.…You can see the text editor tab, the contextual tab,…comes up on the ribbon at the top of the screen.…Now the area field or cell, we're not going to…put any data into.…
What we're going to do is we're going to name the objects,…which are going to be circle, circle, circle, and they're…going to be number 1, 2, and 3.…So I go to object here, and I double click inside the cell,…and I type circle.…Now you'll notice, when I use the down arrow this time,…it might ask you…"The entered value is not a valid data type for this table…"cell. What do you want to do?"…Now the lovely thing about AutoCAD 2017 is when you're…working in tables like this, you can change the data type.…
- Setting up text, dimensioning, centerlines, leaders, and markup layers
- Setting up a multileader style
- Aligning multileaders
- Collecting multileaders
- Setting up the table style
- Working with cells in the AutoCAD table
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Annotation in AutoCAD
Why use annotation?3m 10s
2. Different Types of Annotation
3. Using Text Effectively in Your Drawings
4. Dimensioning Accurately in Your Drawings
5. Using Centerlines
6. Leaders and Multileaders
7. Setting Up an AutoCAD Table
8. Marking Up an AutoCAD Drawing
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.