Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting the area table, part of AutoCAD Facilities Management: Areas.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Last but not least, we need to work out…where we're going to place and insert our area table,…from the table style that we've actually created.…So you'll notice right now,…I'm in the Model tab and you can see there…that we've got our areas.…What we need to do now is create a Viewport…in the Layout tab to a suitable scale…and then we're gonna place the table in the layout tab,…ready to link the areas across to the text in the table.…So I'm gonna go down here, bottom left,…to zero-zero ground and go into the Layout tab.…
What I'm then going to do is I'm gonna go…to the Home tab on the ribbon.…I'm gonna go into the Layers panel here…and make sure that FM-Viewports is my current layer,…so I'll click on it there, on the Layer flyout…and then go to the Layout tab on the ribbon…and create a rectangular Viewport, like so.…Just pick a point roughly in the corner.…It could exactly be the corner, if you wish.…And you want to place it, roughly speaking,…about sort of there, like that.…Now you'll notice in the Viewport that the grid is on,…
- Setting up a facilities drawing
- Managing XREF layers
- Adjusting drawing units and limits
- Using polylines
- Defining areas
- Annotating areas
- Setting up area table styles
- Finding and linking area data
- Exporting area table data
Skill Level Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professionalwith Shaun Bryant4h 40m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to FM
2. Setting Up a Facilities Drawing
Managing XREF layers3m 55s
3. Getting Your FM Settings Right
4. Areas and Polylines
5. Defining Areas
6. Annotating Areas
7. Setting Up an Area Table Style
8. Using the Area Table
9. Exporting the Area Table Data
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.