In this video, Shaun Bryant discusses the DWG save performance in AutoCAD 2018.
- [Instructor] Another new feature in AutoCAD 2018…is an improved DWG save performance.…This applies especially to drawings such as this one,…MTEXT with columns, that has multi-line text…with columns within the drawing.…It improves the save performance,…it means you can save quicker and faster,…and also when it comes to autosaves,…the autosaves now perform an incremental save…rather than saving the entire drawing.…
Let me show you what I mean.…If I right-click and go to Options on the shortcut menu,…and we jump into Open and Save,…the automatic save that happens here,…in the File Safety Precautions now performs…an incremental save instead of a full drawing save.…So basically, it's only saving the changes every 10 minutes…rather than saving the whole drawing.…So that save, whilst it's happening in the background,…is improving the performance of AutoCAD for you,…thus enhancing your user experience…and allowing you to save quicker and faster.…
- Working with the File Navigation dialog box
- Using the Quick Access Toolbar
- Updating reference paths
- Changing path types
- Finding and replacing reference files
- Renaming unloaded references
- Using linetype gap selection
- Sharing design views from AutoCAD
- Setting a PDF layer
- Using the PDFIMPORT and PDFATTACH commands
- Changing text to MTEXT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. User Interface
2. External References
3. Off-Screen Selection
Using off-screen selection2m 20s
4. Linetype Gap Selection
Using linetype gap selection2m 10s
5. Sharing Design View
6. Using PDFs In AutoCAD
7. Changing Text To MTEXT
8. Technology and Performance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.