Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing and exporting dimension styles, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] Another really neat tool that you have…in the Dimension panel…in the Express Tools tab on the ribbon,…is the ability to export and then import dimension styles…from your AutoCAD drawings.…Now we're going to cover this in one video…because it's quick and easy to do.…It's a very simple process.…So I'm in the Express Tools tab on the ribbon.…Now I've already got a dimension style set up…so if I jump over to the Home tab…and then click on Annotation here,…and go to my Dimension Styles here,…you can see I've got a Lynda1 dimension style…and it's annotative.…
So I'll click on Close there…and go back to the Express Tools tab.…There's the Dimension panel,…and I click here to export the dim style.…There's the Lynda1 dim style.…And I'm going to click on Browse to where I want it to go.…It's going to go into my Drawings folder there…and I'm going to click on Open.…Click on Ok, that's exported that dot dim style file…out from my AutoCAD drawing into a remote location…where I know where it is.…What I can do now is I can import that style.…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.