Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing a PDF, part of AutoCAD 2017 New Features.
- [Instructor] Another really nice feature…available to you in the AutoCAD 2017.1 update…involves importing PDFs into your AutoCAD drawing…that have SHX shape codes.…Now SHX are the old shape codes,…they're not true type text like you have in Windows,…they're old ones.…So what we can do there is we can…bring in a PDF into our drawing.…So you'll see I've got a new drawing open, import PDF.dwg.…We're going to bring a PDF in that has SHX shape code fonts.…
In this case, the good old Roman S font.…So let's import that PDF.…Now the Import_PDF.dwg file and the PDF…that we're going to import are both…in your Lynda.com exercise files…to download and use to follow along with this video.…So, over to the application menu, the big red A,…and I'm going to import the PDF.…So there's import, there's PDF like so.…Now, as soon as I do that, it prompts me…to select the PDF underlay, which I don't have.…So what I need to do there is,…can you see on the command line there,…it prompts me to select a file.…
So if I just press enter, it will now…
- Tool tip and dialog box enhancements
- TEXTEDIT command changes
- Coordination model object snap
- 2D and 3D publishing options
- Graphics performance enhancements
- Center marks and centerlines
- PDF import
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 11/15/2016. What changed?
A: We added a new chapter, "AutoCAD 2017.1 Update," to cover the new features Autodesk added in the 2017.1 update (released October 2016), including enhanced support for 3D and 4K displays.
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Appropriate for all
1. User Interface
3. Installation and Configuration
4. Associative Center Marks and Centerlines
5. PDF Import
6. AutoCAD 2017.1 Update
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.