Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing a PDF file, part of AutoCAD 2017 New Features.
- [Voiceover] We're now in the next section…of our AutoCAD 2017…New Features course…and what we're going to look at now…is PDF import.…Now you must know what a PDF is by now,…it's the Adobe Portable Document Format,…it's been around for decades and it's been used in CAD…on a regular basis for decades as well.…And what it is it's a locked down file…that you can bring into AutoCAD…and use as an underlay or as a reference…to create a new drawing for example.…
Now you can see that I've got a new drawing open,…it's 05_PDFImport.dwg…and it's a blank drawing, and what I've done,…I've created a layer, you'll see here the current layer…is PDF Import, that red layer there,…so any PDFs that you bring in will…go onto that PDF Import layer.…It's always good CAD practice if you're…bringing things into your drawing…to put them onto a separate layer…just in case you need to freeze that layer…or switch it off at any point.…So we're in the blank drawing right now,…we're going to go to the Insert tab on the ribbon.…
Now you'll notice in the import panel here,…
- Tool tip and dialog box enhancements
- TEXTEDIT command changes
- Coordination model object snap
- 2D and 3D publishing options
- Graphics performance enhancements
- Center marks and centerlines
- PDF import
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 11/15/2016. What changed?
A: We added a new chapter, "AutoCAD 2017.1 Update," to cover the new features Autodesk added in the 2017.1 update (released October 2016), including enhanced support for 3D and 4K displays.
1. User Interface
3. Installation and Configuration
4. Associative Center Marks and Centerlines
5. PDF Import
6. AutoCAD 2017.1 Update
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.