In this video, Shaun Bryant shows how importing a CAD file is different from linking a CAD file in the Manage Links dialog box.
- [Instructor] So we're staying in our 08_OFFICE.rvt file,…and as you can see we've still got our linked CAD file there…that we brought in in the previous video…using the Manage Links dialogue box.…So what I'm going to do now, I'm going to go to Manage Links…again in the Link panel there, and you'll notice…if I go to CAD Formats, there is my linked CAD file.…Now it is a linked CAD file.…Now what you'll notice as well is the position isn't saved.…If I tick there I can't do anything about that.…
The position is not saved in this particular case…because what I did was I positioned it center to center…rather than used coordinates.…Now what I'm going to do is I'm going to show you now…how to work with an imported CAD file and how…the Manage Links dialogue box displays…an imported CAD file differently, so I'm going to cancel…the Manage Links dialogue box.…I'm going to select my linked CAD file,…go up to the Modify panel and click on the cross,…and I'm going to remove it.…So I'm now back to my blank 08_OFFICE Revit project.…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.