Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing CAD details, part of BIM Manager: Managing Revit.
- [Instructor] Let's face it, we can't escape CAD.…At least, not completely.…If you have old AutoCad details just laying around,…you might as well import them into Revit.…This video has us importing CAD.…I have specific files I'm using for my example,…but you can go find whatever CAD you like.…'Kay, to get started, let's jump into Revit.…Under Projects, let's go Open.…I'm going to browse for where I'm keeping my…exercise files, and I'm going to find…Master Details-CAD in Chapter-4.…I'm going to click Open.…Now what I'm going to do…is I'm going to go to the View tab,…and I'm going to click on Drafting view.…
Problem is, I'm never sure what the scale is…in AutoCAD, so for this, I'm just going to make it…12 inches to one foot,…which I don't know why they don't say 12 to 12…or one to one, but they don't.…For the name, I'm going to call it PULL BOX.…I'm going to click OK.…Now, I'm going to go to the Insert tab…and I'm going to click on Import CAD.…I'm going to go into my AutoCAD folder,…and I'm going to bring in my top detail, E110.…
- Setting up the Revit folder structure
- Creating a revision schedule
- Adding a symbol list
- Creating shared parameters
- Configuring your text
- Creating line types, weights, and patterns
- Configuring the underlay settings
- Creating custom grids
- Viewing templates
- Importing CAD details
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
1. Company-Wide Workflow
2. Global Template Content
3. File Sharing
4. Master Details
Importing CAD details3m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.