Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Import objects from a PDF underlay, part of AutoCAD 2017 New Features.
- [Voiceover] We're staying with our…05_PDFImport.dwg file.…And what I've done is I've attached…as a PDF underlay the PDF we used…in previous videos, the Revit one.…And you'll find that in your lynda.com exercise files.…Now what we're going to look at now…is importing objects from a PDF underlay.…We're going to import the objects into our drawing,…the 05_PDFImport.dwg file,…but what we're going to do is import them…as a single AutoCAD block.…
So let's have a look at how that works.…You can see that the attachment is all ready.…There's the underlay there with that red outline.…So what I need to do now is type…pdfimport again like I did previously…and select the underlay,…which is here.…So I click on it,…and it now prompts me for…the first corner of the area to import.…You can see that on the dynamic input…and on the command line.…Now before we do anything else,…type s for settings and then Enter,…and you'll go into the Settings dialogue box.…What we want to do is import as a block.…Now another thing you can do…is if you go to Options here,…
- Tool tip and dialog box enhancements
- TEXTEDIT command changes
- Coordination model object snap
- 2D and 3D publishing options
- Graphics performance enhancements
- Center marks and centerlines
- PDF import
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 11/15/2016. What changed?
A: We added a new chapter, "AutoCAD 2017.1 Update," to cover the new features Autodesk added in the 2017.1 update (released October 2016), including enhanced support for 3D and 4K displays.
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Appropriate for all
1. User Interface
3. Installation and Configuration
4. Associative Center Marks and Centerlines
5. PDF Import
6. AutoCAD 2017.1 Update
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.