In this video, Shaun Bryant takes you through the functions and settings of the Import CAD Formats dialog box.
- [Instructor] We're staying in REVIT 2017…and we're going to be looking at our 06_OFFICE.rvt file.…As usual, I've told you to download that from the website…and we're following along as we go through each video.…You will notice that I haven't left REVIT as it was…at the end of the last video.…What we're going to do is just jump back in…to what we did previously…kind of to refresh our memories,…but also it's just a workflow and a process…that I want you to get used to.…
You go to the Insert tab in REVIT…and you go up to the Import CAD icon here.…That's on the Import panel.…Import CAD there like so.…There's our 06_OFFICE_REceptionArea drawing…that I talked about in the previous video.…Select the drawing in the list…and it highlights in a pale blue.…This is the Import CAD Format dialog box.…There's a lot of information here…and I'm going to go through all of it…in an overview way first…and we're going to go through some of the settings…as we go through the videos in this chapter.…
When you click on Import CAD,…the dialog box comes up…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.