Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video How do you annotate effectively (layers)?, part of AutoCAD: Effective Annotating.
- [Narrator] So, how do you annotate effectively…in AutoCAD, how does that work?…Well, when you annotate effectively in AutoCAD,…your dimensions, for example,…in the 01_IntroToAnnotation.dwg file that we've got open,…look like they do on the screen.…You can see that we have nice, clean dimension text,…nice, easy-to-see arrowheads, nice,…easy-to-see dimension lines and extension lines,…and you can see that everything is away…from the object.…You have a nice little gap, there,…which is called the distance from origin,…when you're setting up a dimension style.…
Now, I'll cover all of that as we go through the course,…things like dimensions, dimension styles, and so on.…But to effectively annotate on an AutoCAD drawing,…it comes down to one, simple premise:…you work with your layers in your AutoCAD drawing.…So, you'll notice that the dimensions, for example,…are a different color to the object layer,…which forms the poly line, the white layer, here.…So, if I go into the Home tab on the Ribbon,…go to my Layers panel, here, and click on Layer Properties,…
- Setting up text, dimensioning, centerlines, leaders, and markup layers
- Setting up a multileader style
- Aligning multileaders
- Collecting multileaders
- Setting up the table style
- Working with cells in the AutoCAD table
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Annotation in AutoCAD
Why use annotation?3m 10s
2. Different Types of Annotation
3. Using Text Effectively in Your Drawings
4. Dimensioning Accurately in Your Drawings
5. Using Centerlines
6. Leaders and Multileaders
7. Setting Up an AutoCAD Table
8. Marking Up an AutoCAD Drawing
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.