Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Home tab, part of Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobile.
- We're now in another section of our Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop To Go Mobile course. What we're going to look at is the actual A360 Drive cloud-based application that Autodesk provides you with. Now this is a great tool for collaboration, for storage, and also just a way to organize yourself so that if you do go mobile with your AutoCAD drawings and designs, you know where they are, and more importantly, you can edit them if you need to, using AutoCAD 360 either in a browser, or perhaps on an iPad, or a tablet, in the cloud.
Now what I've done here is I've opened up Mozilla Firefox and I've logged in using my Autodesk ID. So if you look at the top, in the browser bar there, it says, https, and then the usual ://, and then it's 360.autodesk.com. So once you've got yourself an Autodesk ID, you can go to 360.autodesk.com and just login, and this is what you'll see when you login. This is your A360 Drive homepage. Now the homepage itself gives you all of the information you need at a glance.
So you've got your Recent Activity, and you can filter that by way of Today, This Week, This Month and so on, and you can see there I've just clicked on This Month and it's refreshing that page for me, and you can see that I've loaded up the drawing that we're going to use for this entire section, which is 03_01_A360 Drive.dwg. Now, what we can do, is we can upload that particular file to our A360 Drive if we want to. You don't have to. All I'm using it for is just to show you a drawing in A360 Drive, and I can Group By Date as well.
I can upload a document at any time just by clicking here if you want to upload your 03_01_A360 Drive. Now, on that homepage as well, you can see Your 360 Benefits. So there's all these other tools that Autodesk provide, and there's Autodesk AutoCAD 360, the one we'll look at later on in the course that allows you to actually physically edit your drawings. Now if I just come down the slider here in the browser, you can see where I've added all different drawings, and it tells me who's put them in, what time, what date, and I can actually preview them if I want to as well.
If I go over here, you can actually see here, look, if I hover there and click, I get all the options. So I can Edit Online in AutoCAD 360, I can Share it with people by way of Private Sharing and Public Sharing. Public Sharing just means it's available to everybody that can login. Private Sharing means you can specify specific A360 owners or users that you want to see your particular file. So you can lock it down to particular users if you need to. The whole tool is absolutely superb. If I go back to This Month again, and load that up, it refreshes, and there's my 03_01_A360 Drive.
That is my Home tab, up here, so there's Home, there's Documents. We'll look at Documents in the next video. Whenever you need to get back to this particular Home view, you just click on Home like so, and that will just refresh everything, and you're back in the front page of your A360 Drive, which is at 360.autodesk.com. Just use your Autodesk ID to login.
- Setting up A360 Drive and AutoCAD 360
- Syncing your settings
- Creating subfolders in A360 Drive
- Uploading documents and drawings
- Setting up projects and teams
- Opening drawings in AutoCAD 360
- Editing drawings while in a mobile browser
- Editing synced drawings on the desktop