Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video High-resolution support, part of AutoCAD 2017 New Features.
- [Instructor] So what we're going to look at now…in the AutoCad 2017.1 update…is high-res monitor support.…Now I've got a new drawing open…which is called Hi-Res_Monitor.dwg.…You can download that…from your lynda.com exercise files as usual.…Now you might think to yourself,…"I'm already running AutoCad on a high-res monitor,…"why do I need high-res monitor support?"…Well, it's not about the actual monitor…and the resolution of the monitor.…It's actually about the sizes…of some of the dialogue boxes and palettes…that come on the screen on your high-res monitor…in AutoCad 2017.…
So, dialogue boxes for example.…They normally come in a certain size…and they can be a bit squished sometimes…and that doesn't help.…It means you've then got to expand the dialogue box…to make it the size so that you can read the files…in the dialogue box.…So, for example, if I go up to the application menu,…use the command we used in the previous update video.…So I'll import PDF, like so.…Ask me for a PDF underlay,…or if I just press enter,…
- Tool tip and dialog box enhancements
- TEXTEDIT command changes
- Coordination model object snap
- 2D and 3D publishing options
- Graphics performance enhancements
- Center marks and centerlines
- PDF import
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 11/15/2016. What changed?
A: We added a new chapter, "AutoCAD 2017.1 Update," to cover the new features Autodesk added in the 2017.1 update (released October 2016), including enhanced support for 3D and 4K displays.
1. User Interface
3. Installation and Configuration
4. Associative Center Marks and Centerlines
5. PDF Import
6. AutoCAD 2017.1 Update
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.