In this video, Shaun Bryant discusses the high-res monitor support in AutoCAD 2018, which includes support for 4K monitors.
- [Voiceover] We're now going to look at…another chapter in the course, where we're…going to have a look at the new…elements of technology and performance in AutoCAD 2018.…So you'll notice I've got a new drawing…open there for you, it's called HiResMonitor.dwg,…and you can see that it's a 3D object that we're looking at…from the top, with perspective switched on.…So basically what I've got here is…shades of grey, as the visual style.…And if I click on top here,…you can see that I've got perspective switched on,…instead of parallel, where it'll just look flat, like that.…
The perspective, basically, is making the 3D graphics card…and the monitor work that little bit harder.…Now, the high resolution monitor support…in AutoCAD 2018, even goes up…to the new, 4K style of monitors.…So basically, what it means is things…like 3D orbits and so on,…will actually look much better on this new technology.…So I'm doing a little orbit there,…and you can see how clean that is as we orbit through,…like that, I'll orbit through really slowly.…
- Working with the File Navigation dialog box
- Using the Quick Access Toolbar
- Updating reference paths
- Changing path types
- Finding and replacing reference files
- Renaming unloaded references
- Using linetype gap selection
- Sharing design views from AutoCAD
- Setting a PDF layer
- Using the PDFIMPORT and PDFATTACH commands
- Changing text to MTEXT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. User Interface
2. External References
3. Off-Screen Selection
Using off-screen selection2m 20s
4. Linetype Gap Selection
Using linetype gap selection2m 10s
5. Sharing Design View
6. Using PDFs In AutoCAD
7. Changing Text To MTEXT
8. Technology and Performance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.