Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video General options, part of BIM Manager: Managing Revit.
- [Instructor] One thing I enjoy is the Bin Manager…or Revit Manager, over being in AutoCAD Manager…are the settings.…There are way too many paths in AutoCAD that can get broken,…missed, or ignored.…Revit does have some of it, but it's not quite…as extensive.…(laughs) It's actually kind of a relief.…What I'd like to do in this video is take a look…behind the scenes and take a tour of our options.…So I'm going to jump into Revit.…I'm going to click on my Program button…the little blue R.…I'm going to come all the way down to my Options.…Let's start right from the top.…For my Notifications, I like to bump this up…to 15 minutes.…
For both Save and Synchronize Reminders.…Now the next one is the User Name.…When File Sharing is turned on…your computer user name is going to be in here.…However, if you're working with Autodesk A360…which most of us are now,…once you sign in, it's going to be your log on…for A360, which is usually your email address.…Ten minutes for Journals is fine.…That's just if you crash, or something like that…
- Setting up the Revit folder structure
- Creating a revision schedule
- Adding a symbol list
- Creating shared parameters
- Configuring your text
- Creating line types, weights, and patterns
- Configuring the underlay settings
- Creating custom grids
- Viewing templates
- Importing CAD details
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
1. Company-Wide Workflow
2. Global Template Content
3. File Sharing
4. Master Details
Importing CAD details3m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.