In this video, Shaun Bryant shows you how to freeze viewport layers in the current viewport in your AutoCAD drawings.
- [Instructor] We're staying in our … 00-Ground Floor Plan_REVISION B.dwg file … and if you haven't downloaded it already, … obviously it's available to be downloaded from the library … to follow along with the videos in this chapter. … Now, in the previous video, … we looked at locking our viewport, … mainly to preserve the viewport's scale … to make sure that it's a recognized scale. … Now, one of the other things that you can do … in AutoCAD is freeze layers in the current viewport … without affecting the layers in the model space, … in the Model tab. … It's a really useful feature … if you want to clarify a view in a viewport … in a layout without affecting any … of the drafting layers that you may need … when you're working in model space. … So, we're in the ISO A1-Landscape layout tab … in our drawing down here, you can see it's activated, … it's bold and you can see our viewport here. … Now, if you've locked your viewport, … you will need to unlock it for this particular exercise, …
- Using workspaces
- Working in the Model and Layout tabs
- Saving and restoring views
- Locking viewports and freezing viewport layers
- Adding a title block
- Using annotative dimensions and revision clouds