In this video, Shaun Bryant demonstrates the tools in the External References palette that allow you to find and replace reference files in the host DWG file.
- [Narrator] So we're back in out HostDrawing.dwg file.…And as you can see, our reference…is in the host drawing already.…And that's our ExternalReferences.dwg file.…Now what I've done is I've referenced in…the ExternalReferences.dwg file…from the same folder location as the HostDrawing.dwg file.…So, how do I check that first of all?…Well, what I do is I go to the insert tab on the ribbon,…go to the reference panel here,…click on the fly out and there's my External References…reference file that's coming into my Host Drawing.…
Now, remember the host drawing, regardless of the file name,…is always the blue and yellow little icon there.…And the reference files have…a little sort of paperclip dwg icon.…So my external references file is…referenced into my host drawing file.…Now, if I select that external references…and come down to the details, there's the little dot…and the slash in the details…telling me that it is a relative file path.…So that means the external references and host drawing,…both the .dwgs are in the same folder…
- Working with the File Navigation dialog box
- Using the Quick Access Toolbar
- Updating reference paths
- Changing path types
- Finding and replacing reference files
- Renaming unloaded references
- Using linetype gap selection
- Sharing design views from AutoCAD
- Setting a PDF layer
- Using the PDFIMPORT and PDFATTACH commands
- Changing text to MTEXT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. User Interface
2. External References
3. Off-Screen Selection
Using off-screen selection2m 20s
4. Linetype Gap Selection
Using linetype gap selection2m 10s
5. Sharing Design View
6. Using PDFs In AutoCAD
7. Changing Text To MTEXT
8. Technology and Performance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.