Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Fillet and chamfer lines, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- AutoCAD has excellent filleting and chamfer tools…as part of the basic drawing toolkit within AutoCAD.…So let's have a look at enhancing your basic drawing skills…by way of adding fillet and chamfer to your skill set,…to allow you to use those in…your AutoCAD Professional Certification Exam.…We're sticking with the landscaping theme,…in the 2_Basic Drawing Skills_HOUSE_Complete drawing,…so check your Layers up on here in the Home tab…on the ribbon, and make sure that you're using…the appropriate Layer.…
If you're not, you go down the list like so,…and if I scroll down here,…you can see there's the LANDSCAPING Layer,…make sure that's the current Layer.…What we're going to do now is zoom in on the little patio,…and the steppy stones that we set up earlier.…So I'll zoom in nice and close, and this is a rectangle,…now one of the nice things about AutoCAD is you can fillet…or chamfer a rectangle all in one go,…because that's a Polyline,…so a rectangle is in essence a 2D Polyline.…
So what I can do there is I can actually add…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.