Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Extended Plan, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Narrator] When you're working in AutoCAD…you quite often work in plan views.…Now there's a lovely command in…the express tools tab on the ribbon…in the tools panel and it's called Extended Plan.…What it allows you to do is it allows you…to extend the plan view based on…the information you've got in…the model space or the Ucs or…the world coordinate system in AutoCAD.…I've zoomed right out of my little set…of objects here in my dimensions…and my annotation are right down here…in the bottom left corner.…
So if I go over now to the tools panel,…I'll click on the fly out because that's…where Extended Plan is and…I'll pin it open like so.…I'm going to select Extended Plan like so.…So I select the object that I want to put into…the Extended Plan, there's my poly line there.…Click there like so.…Enter to finish.…And I've got an option now to use…current Ucs, standard Ucs or World.…I'm going to type W for World like so.…And press enter.…And you'll see now that that sets…it right in the center of the plan for me.…
And that's what Extended Plan does,…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.