Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Extended Clip, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] I've left the Modify panel…expanded out in the Express Tools tab on the ribbon…and we're still using the 04_Modify.dwg file.…Now, what we're going to look at now is the extended clip…option that you have available to you…in the expanded out Modify panel there.…And what we've got here is a rectangle that is actually…a block, can you see it's a block reference there?…And I've got a circle there as well,…and we're going to utilize this little hexagon here too.…Now, I'm going to do Extended Clip, come into the drawing area,…and it says Pick a POLYLINE, CIRCLE, ARC,…ELLIPSE, or TEXT object for clipping.…
So that's my edge there, like that,…and then I select an image, a wipe-out,…or an xref or a block, I select the block,…and it clips it like so, and then I right click…or Enter to confirm, there's the clip there.…You can see it's clipped out like so,…and that is now all a block reference.…It's converted it to a block.…So let's undo that one step, like so,…and then another step to bring the rectangle back,…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.