Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Extend to Nested Objects, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] We're staying in the 02_Blocks.dwg file…and again, I've undone everything so that we're back…to just the original block as I've done in previous videos.…Another really neat tool in AutoCAD in the Express Tools…is the ability to extend to nested objects…when you're drawing in AutoCAD.…Now we've got our little workstation block…that we've used faithfully during this chapter.…I'm going to zoom in a bit now…so that you can see what's going on.…So there's our workstation there, and what I'm going to do,…I'm going to go to the Home tab on the ribbon…and I'm just going to draw a line, just randomly,…click there, make it horizontal,…click there, Enter to finish, there's my line.…
Now I might be adding some furniture to the desk,…I might be creating a new part of the desk, for example.…Now, I go back to the Express Tools tab on the ribbon,…I expand out the Blocks panel here,…I'm just going to pin it open so it doesn't keep…flying back into the ribbon,…and I'm going to Extend to Nested Objects.…Now this extends to objects nested…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Intermediate
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Intermediate
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.